Wednesday, February 29, 2012

No Matter What

Then he said, “Let me go, for the dawn is breaking.” But he [Jacob] said, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.” Genesis 32:26 NASB

Have you ever wanted something so bad that you would wrestle all night with GOD?  How great is our desire?  Or do we say a prayer or two and then drop it?  Do we let our attention wander to the next shiny thing we think we have to have?

Jacob was about to meet his brother after years of estrangement.  After settling everything the day before the big event, Jacob goes off on his own and tries to sleep.  But instead of sleeping, he wrestles with a man.  Or was it an angel?  Was it GOD?  Whoever this stranger was, Jacob recognized divine intervention and refused to let go until he was blessed.

In our ADHD society, do we desire one thing no matter the cost?  That treasure hidden in the field or that pearl of great price?  Or do we flitter about like a boat tossed at sea?  I know where I want to be but I am not there yet.  Maybe I need to take a lesson from Jacob.  Someone who was willing to hold on for dear life for GOD’s blessing. 

LORD thank you for your blessings even when our lives are full of distractions.  I pray we will care more and love more.  And our desires will turn into a longing to hold on to YOU for dear life.

No comments:

Post a Comment