Monday, March 19, 2012

Not Worried About Forgetting My Camera...

I am your chosen one.  You won’t leave me in the grave or let my body decay.  Psalm 16:10 CEV

What is so sad about death?  That I’ll miss my loved ones?  I had a dream that I had forgotten to take my kids to see my grandparents.  I woke up and for a confused moment, I planned when I and the kids would go visit them.  But then I remembered… they were dead and my kids wouldn’t be able to meet them.

It strikes me that one of the saddest things about death is no more new photos of my loved ones.  What I have is all that I have.  No more new photos showing everyone growing older.  No more laughing when we see how much change has occurred from year to year.  The finality of it is overwhelming.

But with a life in CHRIST, death is not the end.  JESUS promises a new life.  Spiritual renewal now and bodily renewal in the future.  The grave cannot hold me or my loved ones in CHRIST anymore.  Because of HIS work, we are free.  I suppose I won’t mind not having a camera for new photos then.  I’ll have my loved ones instead.
 
LORD, thank you for the promise of new life.  We have new spiritual life when we chose to follow you and bodily resurrection when YOU come again.  We thank YOU that YOU won’t leave us in the grave or let our bodies stayed decayed.  We are indeed a new creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment